Dr. Illy, honorary Chairman of Illycaffè
3 February 2008
The Executive Director regrets to inform the coffee community about the sad news of the death of Dr. Illy, honorary Chairman of Illycaffè, on 3 February 2008 at the age of 82. Dr. Illy was one of the greatest supporters of the ICO and was the Chairman of its Promotion Committee from 2002 onwards, among the many other positions and honours he held. He was instrumental in developing important initiatives such as the Positively Coffee Programme and Health Care Professionals – Coffee Education Programme and contributed his technical expertise to the preparation of many important coffee projects. His energy, enthusiasm, knowledge and tireless commitment to promoting coffee quality inspired all who knew him, and he will be greatly missed by all ICO staff and Members.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 20/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.