1st International Coffee Forum in Moscow
12 February 2008
The Executive Director attended the 1st International Coffee Forum which took place in Moscow on 12 February 2008 on the theme of ‘scenarios for coffee industry development in Russia’. Mr. Osorio gave a presentation on the sustainability of the coffee sector in which he outlined key features of the recently adopted International Coffee Agreement 2007, and gave an overview of coffee market developments, including consumption in the Russian Federation which is now above 3 million 60-kg bags per year. During his visit, he had meetings with high-level officials at the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation. He conveyed the interest of ICO Members in the Russian Federation becoming a Member of the 2007 Agreement to the Ministry officials and was assured that the matter was being reviewed by the relevant government agencies. Finally he held meetings with leading representatives of the private coffee sector and coffee industry associations in the Russian Federation.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 20/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.