5th African Fine Coffee Conference and Exhibition in Uganda
14 February 2008
The ICO was represented by its Head of Operations, José Sette, and Chief Economist, Denis Seudieu, at the 5th African Fine Coffee Conference and Exhibition, in Kampala, Uganda, from 14 to16 February 2008, which had as its theme “Coffee: Your pleasure, our livelihood”. On behalf of the Executive Director, the Head of Operations gave the keynote speech, highlighting the key features of the 2007 Agreement, as well as providing an overview of ICO coffee development projects and the world coffee market. Over 500 delegates from the private sector, government agencies, research institutions and international financial and development organizations participated in the event. During the visit, contacts were made with Member countries regarding the implementation of coffee development projects and procedures for the signature and ratification of the new Agreement. Both ICO representatives also attended the 4th African Coffee Scientific Conference, where Mr. Sette gave the keynote address on the role of the ICO with regard to sustainability and coffee development projects and Mr Seudieu presented a paper entitled “Responding to emerging scenarios in the world coffee market through targeted research and development”.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/07/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.