7th National Meeting of Roasters in Lisbon
21 February 2008
The Executive Director was invited to speak at the 7th National Meeting of Roasters held in Lisbon on 21 February 2008 and attended by representatives of the coffee industry in Portugal. Mr. Osorio gave a presentation about the commodity situation and overview of the coffee market, and analysed the pattern of coffee consumption in Portugal where annual per capita consumption is currently 4.24 kilos, with a total annual volume of around 800,000 60-kg bags. He highlighted the current firmness of the market due to the tight situation of supply and demand, and noted that coffee prices were now following the upward trend already seen in other commodities.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 16/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.