Launch of new project in Côte d'Ivoire
16 April 2008
The ICO Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio and the Managing Director of the Common Fund for Commodities, H.E. Mr Ali Mchumo visited Côte d’Ivoire from 16 to 20 April 2008 for the launch of the CFC/ICO project “Access to finance for the development of diversification crops in coffee producing areas – Burundi and Côte d’Ivoire”. The project was launched on 18 April at an inauguration workshop in Abidjan in the presence of Mme Simone Gbagbo, First Lady of Côte d’Ivoire. It has a total value of US$3,006,570 and seeks to finance the development of diversification crops to reduce risks from fluctuations in prices, to increase incomes of small coffee farmers and to reduce poverty in coffee producing areas. The Fonds de Garantie des Coopératives Café-Cacao (FGCCC), headed by Mr Jean-Claude Bayou, Managing Director, has been appointed as the Project Executing Agency and will oversee the implementation of project activities.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 16/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.