Launch of new project in Côte d'Ivoire
16 April 2008
The ICO Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio and the Managing Director of the Common Fund for Commodities, H.E. Mr Ali Mchumo visited Côte d’Ivoire from 16 to 20 April 2008 for the launch of the CFC/ICO project “Access to finance for the development of diversification crops in coffee producing areas – Burundi and Côte d’Ivoire”. The project was launched on 18 April at an inauguration workshop in Abidjan in the presence of Mme Simone Gbagbo, First Lady of Côte d’Ivoire. It has a total value of US$3,006,570 and seeks to finance the development of diversification crops to reduce risks from fluctuations in prices, to increase incomes of small coffee farmers and to reduce poverty in coffee producing areas. The Fonds de Garantie des Coopératives Café-Cacao (FGCCC), headed by Mr Jean-Claude Bayou, Managing Director, has been appointed as the Project Executing Agency and will oversee the implementation of project activities.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.