Mr. Néstor Osorio visited Japan during the week of 10 March 2008
10 March 2008
The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, visited Japan during the week of 10 March 2008. During his mission, he had meetings with high-level government officials, including Mr Sumio Kusaka, Deputy Director-General, Economic Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Mr Kotsuhiro Machida, Director General of the Food Policy Bureau, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, to discuss matters relating to the 2007 Agreement, in particular the transition from the 2001 Agreement to the new Agreement. He also addressed special meetings of the All Japan Coffee Association and the Speciality Coffee Association of Japan, and made a presentation entitled “The current commodity situation and overview of the coffee market” to the Institute of Agricultural Policy at the invitation of the Ministry of Agriculture. While in Tokyo, Mr. Osorio met the Chairman of the Tokyo Grain Exchange, Mr Yoshiaki Watanabe, and attended the opening ceremony of Foodex Japan 2008, the 33rd International Food and Beverage Exhibition, where he visited delegates at the Brazilian and Colombian coffee exhibition stands. Finally, he was the guest speaker at a lunch for Latin American Ambassadors hosted by the Colombian Ambassador, and visited the Coffee Museum in Kobe and the coffee roasting plant of UCC Ueshima Coffee Co. Ltd. at the invitation of Mr Tatsushi Ueshima.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 22/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.