Meeting of International Commodity Bodies
13 March 2008
Meeting of International Commodity Bodies: The ICO Head of Operations, José Sette, attended the 15th meeting of the Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) and International Commodity Bodies (ICBs) held in Madrid on 13 March 2008. The CFC Managing Director outlined developments in CFC strategy, which will include partnership with the EC action plan on commodities, and increased collaboration with private donors. The CFC Secretariat also reported on follow-up on the third CFC five-year action plan (2008 – 2012). Mr. Sette took the opportunity to inform representatives about new features of the 2007 Agreement. The ICO is the largest recipient of funding from the CFC, which has contributed US$45 million towards 29 coffee development projects with a total value of US$84 million.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.