8 April 2009
The Executive Director, Mr Néstor Osorio, was invited to attend the UNCTAD Secretary-General’s Multi-stakeholder consultation on trade and development issues relating to coffee. The consultation took place on 8 April 2009 in Geneva and was held back-to-back with UNCTAD’s multi-year expert meeting on commodities and development on 6 and 7 April. The purpose of the meeting was to review the opportunities and challenges for trade in coffee in the evolving global economic and trade environment, and to identify ways in which low-income coffee-dependent developing countries can be assisted to respond to the challenges and opportunities of commodity markets, thereby enhancing the sector´s contribution to poverty reduction, economic growth and development. The Secretary-General of UNCTAD, Mr Supachai Panitchpakdi, chaired the event and the Executive Director made a presentation analysing trends in supply and demand and opportunities and challenges for the world coffee sector.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 16/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.