49th General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO)
23 November 2009
The 49th General Assembly of the InterAfrican Coffee Organization (IACO) took place in Accra, Ghana, from 23 to 27 November 2009. The Opening Ceremony was chaired by Hon Dr Kwabena Duffuor, Minister for Finance and Economic Planning, accompanied by Hon Ms Hannah Tetteh, Minister for Trade and Industry, Ghana. The Secretary-General of IACO, Ambassador Josefa Sacko opened the proceedings and the Executive Director, Mr NÚstor Osorio, spoke at the inaugural session and gave a presentation at a workshop on Coffee Research and Statistics in Africa held on 23 November. The ICO Chief Economist, Mr Denis Seudieu, also participated in the event and made a presentation on the role of statistics in market analysis and transparency. In his presentation, the Executive Director reviewed the current market situation, focussing in particular on coffee production in Africa and the need to develop rehabilitation and replanting programmes to improve coffee productivity and quality. IACO has 25 Member states, representing 12% of world coffee production.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/07/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.