The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, was a speaker at a seminar
15 February 2005
The Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, was a speaker at a seminar entitled “Coffee – new challenges and opportunities” held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Brasilia on 15 February 2005. The seminar was organized jointly by the Brazilian Government and Congress, at the initiative of Deputy Carlos Melles, President of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the Chamber of Deputies. In his statement, Mr. Osorio briefly reviewed the development of the world coffee market over the last 25 years and noted that the market was now beginning to show real signs of recovery following four years of crisis in terms of low producer prices. However, he pointed out that a period of higher prices should not be seen as a green light to plant more coffee. Rather, quality and promotion should take priority to create extra consumption.Further Information (PDF File)
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/05/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.