Brazilian government reaffirms support for the International Coffee Organization
30 July 2010
The Secretary of Production and Agroenergy, Manoel Vicente Fernandes Bertone, and the Head of the Coffee Department, Robério Oliveira Silva, of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply of Brazil visited the ICO where they met with the Executive Director, Néstor Osorio, and the Head of Operations, José Sette. During the meeting, they examined the state of the world coffee market and concluded that the current tight demand/supply situation is likely to persist in the near- to medium-term. The ratification of the 2007 International Coffee Agreement by the Brazilian Congress was also discussed. The Brazilian representatives stated their confidence in the successful conclusion of the ratification process and their country’s appreciation for the indispensable role of the ICO in the world coffee economy.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 15/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.