Brazilian government reaffirms support for the International Coffee Organization
30 July 2010
The Secretary of Production and Agroenergy, Manoel Vicente Fernandes Bertone, and the Head of the Coffee Department, Robério Oliveira Silva, of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply of Brazil visited the ICO where they met with the Executive Director, Néstor Osorio, and the Head of Operations, José Sette. During the meeting, they examined the state of the world coffee market and concluded that the current tight demand/supply situation is likely to persist in the near- to medium-term. The ratification of the 2007 International Coffee Agreement by the Brazilian Congress was also discussed. The Brazilian representatives stated their confidence in the successful conclusion of the ratification process and their country’s appreciation for the indispensable role of the ICO in the world coffee economy.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.