17th Meeting of the Common Fund for Commodities
31 August 2010
The 17th Meeting of the Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) and International Commodity Bodies (ICBs) took place in Yokohama, Japan on 31 August 2010 at the invitation of the Executive Director of the International Tropical Timber Organization, Mr Emmanuel Ze Meka. The Executive Director, Néstor Osorio, represented the ICO at the meeting which was also attended by representatives from the International Olive Council, International Sugar Organization, International Network for Bamboo and Rattan, International Tropical Timber Organization, International Copper Study Group, International Nickel Study Group, International Lead and Zinc Study Group, International Jute Study Group, International Rubber Study Group, European Union, the FAO, UNCTAD, and the Chairman of the CFC Governing Council, Mr Saint-Cyr Djikalou of Côte d’Ivoire. The Managing Director of the CFC and the Executive Directors of ICBs analysed matters relating to coordination between ICBs and the CFC, the impact of the financial and economic crisis on commodities and EU commodity policies. The meeting also provided an opportunity to review the future role and mandate of the CFC and preparations for the 4th United Nations Conference on Least Developed Countries (LDC-IV).
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 12/10/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we have chosen a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.