Workshop for CFC/ICO project in Côte d'Ivoire
13 April 2012
On behalf of the ICO Executive Director, the Chief Economist, Denis Seudieu, made the opening remarks at the final project workshop for the CFC/ICO project 'Access to finance for the development of diversification crops in coffee producing areas in Burundi and Côte d'Ivoire'. The workshop took place in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire on 13 April, and was attended by the Managing Director of the CFC, the Ministers of Agriculture, Trade, Economy and Finance, and Livestock and Fisheries of Côte d'Ivoire, high-level officials from the coffee and banking sectors and project beneficiaries. This US$3 million project was launched in Burundi and Côte d'Ivoire in 2008, with the aim of developing and implementing a sustainable credit programme for diversification in coffee producing areas. Mr Seudieu accompanied the Managing Director of the CFC on a visit to Daloa to meet project beneficiaries who reported on investments undertaken during the project.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/05/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.