Interagency technical mission to Nicaragua
24 June 2013
The ICO Head of Operations, Mauricio Galindo, together with senior representatives of the FAO, IFAD and EMBRAPA, participated in an interagency technical mission to Nicaragua from 24 to 27 June 2013. The aim of the mission was to analyse coffee production in Nicaragua, taking into account trends in the world coffee market and the potential impact
of climate change. The strengths and weaknesses of the sector were reviewed and the conclusions will contribute to the development of a National Programme for Transformation and Development of Coffee Production for the country. The mission concluded with a Coffee Forum attended by more than 300 people, including three ministers of state, producers, exporters, representatives of cooperatives and international development agencies, during which Mauricio Galindo presented the current coffee market situation. Photos
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 16/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.