Interagency technical mission to Nicaragua
24 June 2013
The ICO Head of Operations, Mauricio Galindo, together with senior representatives of the FAO, IFAD and EMBRAPA, participated in an interagency technical mission to Nicaragua from 24 to 27 June 2013. The aim of the mission was to analyse coffee production in Nicaragua, taking into account trends in the world coffee market and the potential impact
of climate change. The strengths and weaknesses of the sector were reviewed and the conclusions will contribute to the development of a National Programme for Transformation and Development of Coffee Production for the country. The mission concluded with a Coffee Forum attended by more than 300 people, including three ministers of state, producers, exporters, representatives of cooperatives and international development agencies, during which Mauricio Galindo presented the current coffee market situation. Photos
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.