Coffee Market Report July 2014: Renewed Concerns Over Brazil Crop Cause Price Jump
11 August 2014
A renewed bullish sentiment triggered by a spate of negative reports on the current Brazilian crop took the ICO composite daily price up by nearly 15% in the last two weeks of July. Several external sources have issued lower production estimates in the last month, spurring the market higher. The damage from the drought at the beginning of the year is expected to cause a global supply deficit in crop year 2014/15, with production in Brazil officially estimated to decrease by 9.3% to 44.57 million bags, its lowest level in three years. Read the July 2014 Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 14/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.