Coffee Market Report June 2016 - Coffee consumption increases as market hits 14-month high
12 July 2016
Prices rallied significantly in June, as the Brazilian real strengthened against the US dollar and the 2016/17 Brazilian crop entered its potential frost season. The monthly average of the ICO composite indicator price reached a 14-month high of 127.05 cents/lb, up 6% on May, with export volumes in May also slowing for the second consecutive month. Global coffee consumption continues to increase, albeit at a slightly slower rate, with the most dynamic demand recorded in Asia & Oceania.
Read the June 2016 Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 21/02/2017
Thank you for making International Coffee Day 2016 a success!
Subscribe to our mailing list for updates on the 2017 campaign! Subscribe here>>
6th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 6th Forum took place in London on 21 September 2016. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.