Coffee Market Report September 2016 - Market ends 2015/16 in deficit for the second consecutive year
14 October 2016
The coffee market settled up by 5.5% in September, mostly driven by a steady increase in Robusta prices supported by concerns over future supply. This brings coffee year 2015/16 to an end, and we have revised our production estimate up to 148 million bags. With world consumption revised slightly lower to 151.3 million bags, this gives a global deficit of 3.3 million bags. This revision is part of an in-depth review of the statistical data published by the ICO, following the discussions during the 117th Session of the Council held in London in September 2016. This process is beginning immediately and results will be published as they become available.
Read the Coffee Market Report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 14/08/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.