Coffee Market Report September 2016 - Market ends 2015/16 in deficit for the second consecutive year
14 October 2016
The coffee market settled up by 5.5% in September, mostly driven by a steady increase in Robusta prices supported by concerns over future supply. This brings coffee year 2015/16 to an end, and we have revised our production estimate up to 148 million bags. With world consumption revised slightly lower to 151.3 million bags, this gives a global deficit of 3.3 million bags. This revision is part of an in-depth review of the statistical data published by the ICO, following the discussions during the 117th Session of the Council held in London in September 2016. This process is beginning immediately and results will be published as they become available.
Read the Coffee Market Report on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 24/04/2017
Thank you for making International Coffee Day 2016 a success!
Subscribe to our mailing list for updates on the 2017 campaign! Subscribe here>>
6th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 6th Forum took place in London on 21 September 2016. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.