New ICO study: Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing
19 October 2016
New research by the ICO shows that coffee farmers in selected countries are operating at a loss and that coffee growing is becoming less profitable over time. This new study assesses the cost structure of coffee production in selected countries (Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, and El Salvador), and derives recommendations on how to improve the economic viability of coffee production.
Read highlights from the study on our blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 19/05/2017
Thank you for making International Coffee Day 2016 a success!
Subscribe to our mailing list for updates on the 2017 campaign! Subscribe here>>
6th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 6th Forum took place in London on 21 September 2016. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.