1st World Coffee Producers Forum - Colombia
16 July 2017
Mr Josť Sette, Executive Director of the ICO, had a personal meeting with H.E. Mr Juan Manuel Santos, President of the Republic of Colombia, to discuss the current world coffee outlook and the challenges facing the world coffee sector. Mr Sette delivered a speech at the opening ceremony of the 1st World Coffee Producers Forum in Medellin, Colombia. The Presidents of Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras and the Vice-President of El Salvador took part in the opening ceremony along with representatives of African, Asian and Latin American coffee-producing and consuming countries. Former US President William J. Clinton and Prof. Jeffrey D. Sachs participated in the panel on Economic Sustainability and Rural Development to Promote Global Stability and Democracy. The aim of the Forum was to discuss the challenges facing coffee-producing countries. Speech>> View photos on the blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.