1st World Coffee Producers Forum - Colombia
16 July 2017
Mr Josť Sette, Executive Director of the ICO, had a personal meeting with H.E. Mr Juan Manuel Santos, President of the Republic of Colombia, to discuss the current world coffee outlook and the challenges facing the world coffee sector. Mr Sette delivered a speech at the opening ceremony of the 1st World Coffee Producers Forum in Medellin, Colombia. The Presidents of Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras and the Vice-President of El Salvador took part in the opening ceremony along with representatives of African, Asian and Latin American coffee-producing and consuming countries. Former US President William J. Clinton and Prof. Jeffrey D. Sachs participated in the panel on Economic Sustainability and Rural Development to Promote Global Stability and Democracy. The aim of the Forum was to discuss the challenges facing coffee-producing countries. Speech>> View photos on the blog>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 21/02/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.