Record Exports for Coffee Year 2016/17
7 November 2017
Total exports in September 2017 reached 8.34 million bags, compared to 9.8 million in September 2016. While coffee year 2016/17 registered a decrease in its final month, total exports reached a record 122.45 million bags, 4.8% greater than the 116.89 million bags shipped in coffee year 2015/16. Exports of Colombian Milds grew by 8% to 14.66 million bags, Other Milds by 15.6% to 27.02 million bags, and Brazilian Naturals by 2.6% to 35.84 million bags while Robusta shipments remained stable, amounting to 44.93 million bags. Global coffee production in crop year 2016/17 has been revised upwards to 157.44 million bags, a 3.4% increase on 2015/16, due largely to the increase in production for Honduras. The ICO composite indicator continued its downward trend, averaging 120.01 US cents/lb in October 2017, which is the lowest level since May 2016 when it averaged 119.91 US cents/lb. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.