Market turns negative as Robusta prices decline
8 December 2017
The ICO composite indicator price averaged 117.26 US cents/lb in November 2017, down 2.3% from October 2017. However, nearly all of the decrease occurred in prices for Robusta, which decreased by 7.2% to an average of 91.33 US cents/lb in November 2017. Exports in October 2017 were 11.4% lower than the same month last year on 8.8 million bags. Shipments of Arabica were 9.9% lower at 5.7 million bags. As discussed later in this report, production in some countries in Central America & Mexico has partially recovered from the outbreak of leaf rust a few years ago. In crop year 2016/17, Honduras and Nicaragua surpassed the volume of output achieved before the outbreak. However, output from Guatemala and El Salvador has recovered from the low volumes in crop years 2012/13 and 2013/14, but remains below the average volume of production from before the outbreak. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 19/04/2018
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.