Market turns negative as Robusta prices decline
8 December 2017
The ICO composite indicator price averaged 117.26 US cents/lb in November 2017, down 2.3% from October 2017. However, nearly all of the decrease occurred in prices for Robusta, which decreased by 7.2% to an average of 91.33 US cents/lb in November 2017. Exports in October 2017 were 11.4% lower than the same month last year on 8.8 million bags. Shipments of Arabica were 9.9% lower at 5.7 million bags. As discussed later in this report, production in some countries in Central America & Mexico has partially recovered from the outbreak of leaf rust a few years ago. In crop year 2016/17, Honduras and Nicaragua surpassed the volume of output achieved before the outbreak. However, output from Guatemala and El Salvador has recovered from the low volumes in crop years 2012/13 and 2013/14, but remains below the average volume of production from before the outbreak. Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 22/03/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.