Coffee prices in August fall to 57-month low
7 September 2018
International coffee prices have been experiencing a downward trend in the last two years, averaging 102.41 US cents/lb in August 2018, a 20.1% drop compared to August 2017. The last time the monthly
composite indicator price was lower than 102.41 US cents/lb was in November 2013, when it recorded 100.99 US cents/lb. This decline is linked primarily to market fundamentals, though other factors, such
as exchange rate movements and futures markets, are also playing a role. Total exports in July 2018 amounted to 10.11 million bags in July 2018, compared with 9.66 million in July 2017. Exports in the first 10 months of coffee year 2017/18 (Oct/17 to Jul/18) have increased by 0.9% to 101.2 million bags, compared to 100.34 million bags in the same period in the last coffee year.
Read the latest Coffee Market Report>>
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 18/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.