Keynote address at the Seventh RAMACAFE International Coffee Conference
3 September 2007
On 3 September 2007 the Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, gave the keynote address at the Seventh RAMACAFE International Coffee Conference held in Managua, Nicaragua, from 3 to 5 September. The Conference focused on communication within the coffee sector; it was organized by the President of RAMACAFE Fine Estate Coffees, Mr. Mario Sebastián Rappaccioli, and the event coordinator, Henry Hueck, both of whom reviewed actions to improve quality and support small farmers through education and extension work. Mr. Osorio’s address reviewed the main developments in the world coffee economy during the last 5 years. The Conference brought together some 600 delegates from 25 countries in the presence of Mr. Orlando Solórzano, Minister of Development, Industry and Trade and President of the National Coffee Council (CONACAFE). Mr. Solórzano emphasized the part played by coffee in the Nicaraguan economy and reiterated the concern of the Government to support the industry and defend the incomes of coffee growers.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 25/03/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
ICD2018 chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.