Mr. Néstor Osorio, gave a presentation on the theme of “Building on Sustainability”
9 January 2008
On 9 January 2008, the Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, gave a presentation on the theme of “Building on Sustainability”, at the Tea and Coffee World Cup Exhibition and Symposium which took place in Miami from 9 to 11 January 2008 and took the opportunity to highlight the ICO’s role in supporting producing and consuming countries in developing a sustainable world coffee economy, and new initiatives to support this in the International Coffee Agreement 2007. He noted that the 2007 Agreement places a strong emphasis on achieving a sustainable coffee sector, establishing a Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance and strengthening existing work that provide direct support to coffee-producing countries, such as coffee development projects, in order to enhance production conditions and improve living standards for coffee farmers.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 17/01/2019
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
This year we chose a very special theme for this year’s celebrations: ‘Women in Coffee’. Women play as important a role in the whole of the coffee chain as men, from planting the seeds to processing to trading to brewing… and drinking it. To find out more visit the dedicated International Coffee Day website.
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• National Quality Standards (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published September 2018)
• Maximum residue limits (Published September 2018)
• Country Coffee Profile: Ghana (Published September 2018)
• Mixtures and substitutes (Published September 2018)
• Gender equality in the coffee sector (Published April 2018)
• Development of coffee trade flows (Published April 2018)
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.