Mr. Néstor Osorio, gave a presentation on the theme of “Building on Sustainability”
9 January 2008
On 9 January 2008, the Executive Director, Mr. Néstor Osorio, gave a presentation on the theme of “Building on Sustainability”, at the Tea and Coffee World Cup Exhibition and Symposium which took place in Miami from 9 to 11 January 2008 and took the opportunity to highlight the ICO’s role in supporting producing and consuming countries in developing a sustainable world coffee economy, and new initiatives to support this in the International Coffee Agreement 2007. He noted that the 2007 Agreement places a strong emphasis on achieving a sustainable coffee sector, establishing a Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance and strengthening existing work that provide direct support to coffee-producing countries, such as coffee development projects, in order to enhance production conditions and improve living standards for coffee farmers.
|ICO Indicator prices
(US cents/lb) 11/12/2017
1 October is #InternationalCoffeeDay.
Thank you for celebrating International Coffee Day with us this year. Watch out for more details about plans for ICD 2018.
7th Consultative Forum on Coffee Sector Finance
The 7th Forum took place in Yamoussoukro on 27 September 2017. Learn more>>
Latest ICO Studies & Reports
• Value addition in the African coffee sector (Published September 2017)
• Assessing the economic sustainability of coffee growing (Published September 2016)
• Coffee in the Russian Federation (Published August 2015)
• Coffee in China (Published August 2015)
• The impact of the price of oil and the US dollar exchange rate on coffee prices (Published August 2015)
• Sustainability of the Coffee Sector in Africa (Published August 2015)
ICO Coffee Library
The ICO has a unique Library containing an international reference collection, built up over 40 years of more than 13,000 monographs (books, reports, theses, pamphlets) and over 200 periodical titles covering all aspects of coffee.